[AsiaBSDCon Announce] Cancel of AsiaBSDCon 2020

Hiroki Sato hrs at allbsd.org
Mon Mar 2 13:31:22 JST 2020

Dear AsiaBSDCon 2020 attendees (and past attendees):
(日本語は文末を参照)

 Due to increasing risk of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in
 Japan, the organizing team of AsiaBSDCon 2020 has decided to cancel
 the conference which was originally planned on 19-22 March, 2020.

 While we estimated the impact was limited, according to the
 statistics it is expected that the number of patients in Japan will
 increase in the period from March 1st to March 15th, and the Japanese
 government has issued an emergency alert nationwide since the last
 weekend.  Following this, some companies forbid attending events in
 Japan and some of major airlines started to cancel international
 flights to/from Japan.  Although our conference days are in
 19th-22nd, it is unclear that how long will it take until getting
 back to normal after that period.

 Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this will
 cause you.  For registration fees, we will accept cancel requests and
 50% refund.  Please contact <asiabsd2020 at gmt.jtb.jp> with your
 registration number.

 Papers which were planned to be presented will be considered as
 presented and published on March 21st or 22nd.  The proceedings will
 be published in PDF on the official website and DOIs will be
 assigned.  We will contact the authors about the details later
 individually.

 Sorry again and thank you for your understanding.  If you have
 questions, please contact <secretary at asiabsdcon.org>.

-- Hiroki (AsiaBSDCon 2020 General Chair)

AsiaBSDCon 2020 に参加登録されたおよび過去に参加された)みなさま:

 すでに報道で周知されているとおり、新型コロナウィルスの
 感染拡大の懸念が増大していることから、3 月 19-22 日の日程で
 予定しておりました今年の AsiaBSDCon 2020 は、開催の中止を決定しました。

 当初は影響が少ないと判断しておりましたが、感染者総数の統計推移に
 よると、3 月 15 日までの 2 週間は感染者数が増加すると
 見込まれています。先週末、政府からは会合実施に対する自粛要請がなされ、
 それを受けて日本国内で開催されるイベントへの参加を禁止する企業や、